Code of Behaviour
- As always, students are not permitted to wear hat, headwear or any type of facial covering anywhere in the school building. This appiles to male and female students. The only exception to this is for religious observance. Bandanas are not to be worn in any way, including in pockets or around the neck. Coat and jackets must be stored in student lockers during the school day.
- In addition, at Sir Wilfrid Laurier Collegiate Institute, we strive to maintain an optimal learning environment, free from distractions, for all of our students. For this reason we will be strictly enforcing the part of the Code of Behaviour that states:
- The use of cell phones during instructional time is prohibited unless permitted by the teacher for instructional purposes.
- Personal electronic devices of any kind (i.e. iPods, cell phones, etc.) and headphones must be turned off and properly stored as instructed by the teacher.
- Unfortunate issues associates with the use of electronic devices and other valuables at school are inevitable.Students are encouraged to leave any items of value at home.The school does not assume any responsibility for the loss, theft, or damage of student property from any cause.
- School begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 3:15 p.m. Students who are late for school should proceed directly to their period one class. It is extremely important that students be at school and in classes on time every day. Oarents and guardians who drive their children to school are reminded that students are expected to be in their classes, fully prepared to work by 9:00 a.m. at the latest. Please consoder this when timing your drive to the school.
- If your child is going to be absent from, or late for school, please telephone 416-396-6822, press 1, and report the absence or late.
- Safe Arrival: The TDSB automated phone home system will call to notify parents of any unexcused absences or lates beginning at 11:30 a.m. daily.
Final evaluations are scheduled for January 21 - 28, 2015 and June 16 - 23, 2015.
Students who miss final evaluations will be given a mark of zero (0) for that evaluation. Please do not schedule any activitied that would take your child out of the school on any of these dates.
All students pay a $45 Student Activity Fee in cash when they pick up their timetable. The fee pays for the following items:
- A yearbook - $22.00
- An agenda book and planning calendar - $4.70
- A fridge magnet - $0.87
- Access to all student activities, subsidized and sponsored teams, leadership groups, clubs and events, including: dances, the Formal and all school spirit activities - $17.43
Each student will be assigned a locker for the storage of learning materials, gym and outdoor clothing and other personal belonging. Before the first day of classes students shousd purchase a Dudley brand combination lock. The school does not sell locks. Locks that use keys are not permitted. Students must use only the locker assigned to them and must keep their lock combination confidential. Lockers are not to be shared by students.
Students are required to wear a regulation physical education uniform and may purchase it in the boys' and girls' gym offices during the first week of the semester that they are taking physical education. The cost of the uniform package is $35.00.